Church of Our Lady of Sorrows | Old Town
Church of Our Lady of Sorrows | Addolorata | Old Town
Opposite the church, built in 1620, is the obelisk dell'Addolorata, erected by the will of the citizen Gerardo Laurelli in 1788.
In 1692 the Congregation of Our Lady of Sorrows was elevated, which still today includes a prior and members, and solemnizes the feast on the third Sunday of September.
Works of art in the Church
The interior of the Church of the Addolorata, rebuilt in the eighteenth century in Baroque style, has three well-worked marble altars dedicated to Our Lady of Sorrows, San Biagio and S. Francesco di Paola.
On the first there is a sculpture of the Madonna, from the XVIII century, on the second a beautiful painting of the Martyrdom of S. Biagio, by an unknown artist.
Visit Chiesa dell' Addolorata
To reach the Church:
Pedestrian zone; leave the car in one of the car parks of the Historic Center and continue on foot.