San Francesco di Paola | Curch | old town
The church of San Francesco di Paola
It was re-titled and restored in poor baroque style in 1729.
In the nineteenth century it was used as a temporary burial place.
At the beginning of the twentieth century, the convent became the seat of the city's nosocomium, only to be moved to the current structure, not far from the church.
Works of art in the Church
The interior of the church of San Francesco di Paola, not very large, is decorated according to the style of poor baroque Lucan.
On the main altar there is a painting of the eighteenth century, depicting the Pietà, with St. Philip Neri, St. Biagio and St. Francis in adoration.
Also worthy of note is the wooden statue of S. Biagio and the painting of S. Marco, signed by Giacinto Guglielmetti in 1780.